200hr RYT Teacher Training Course
Rooted in tradition, the Twin Cities Yoga Teacher Training experience is designed to free you from the illusion that you are not already free. Through the loving guidance of our passionate and highly skilled teaching staff you will gain the skills, confidence, and support on your new path teaching yoga and become a leader in your yoga community. Integrating the Bhakti principles of love and devotion with the alignment, therapeutics, and sequential base of the Ashtanga yoga system, the program enables the individual to develop a personal teaching language based on a personal spiritual experience.
Taught by special guest teachers and teachers from Mission Yoga, topics will include meditation, pranayama, skilled hands-on adjustments, intelligent sequencing, advanced inversions and arm-balances, yin yoga, in depth anatomy and physiology, yoga philosophy, karma and dharma studies, lifestyle & ethics and business management. Surrounded by a supportive, loving sangha (community) this life changing experience will ground you in your practice and change your life.
Our 200 HR level training is offered through a fall weekend program once a year. Training sessions will be split between Mission Yoga in South Abington and Mission Yoga in Scranton.
Fall 2020/2021 Weekend Dates and Details:
Fridays from 6pm - 9pm
Saturdays & Sundays from 10am - 6pm
September 11, 12, 13, 25, 26, 27
October 9, 10, 11, 23, 24, 25
November 6, 7, 8, 20, 21, 22
December 4, 5, 6, 18, 19, 20
January 8, 9, 10
Snow dates: January 15, 16, 17
Cost (weekend training):
- $2350, Early bird rate (see details below)
- $2575 Regular rate
- $2700 installment plan
** All options require a Non-refundable $500.00 deposit due within 2 weeks of being accepted into the Teacher training program**
A. Payment Option #1: An early registration tuition discount of $225 will be applied if fees are paid and received in full by August 1st, 2020. Total Tuition after discount is $2350.
B. Payment Option #2: $500 deposit due two weeks after acceptance into the training. Registration must be paid in full by the start of the training. Total Tuition is $2575.
C. Payment option #3: Installment Plan: Full tuition paid in installments. this option totals $2700 ($500 Deposit due August 15th, 5 additional Payments of 440.00 will be set up through auto payments on the 1st of each month. First payment begins September 1st)
* (Please note: there is a $100 processing fee if you choose to pay by credit card for option #1 or #2).
***PLEASE MAKE ALL CHECKS PAYABLE TO TWIN CITIES YOGA COLLECTIVE***
Mission Yoga (639 Northern Blvd, South Abington, PA 18411)
Mission Yoga (1440 Capouse Ave, Scranton, PA 18509)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Show mental, physical and emotional readiness
- Maintained a yoga practice for at least one year
- Must attend all dates (Things happen, we can work with you if needed)
- One letter of recommendation from a current or previous yoga
teacher, To be sent within 5 days of application submission.
Required Reading List:
- Mark Stevens, Teaching Yoga
- Teaching Yoga: Exploring the Teacher-Student Relationship -Donna Farhi
- The Language of Yoga - Nicolai Bachman
- Ashtanga Yoga Practice and Philosophy- Gregor Maehle
- The Bhagavad Gita - Eknath Easwaran
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali - Swami Satchidananda
- Myths of the Asanas - Alanna Kaivalya
- Light on Yoga by B. K. S. Iyengar
- Download the application form below and send or email completed applications to:
1440 Capouse Ave
Scranton, Pa 18509
For more info email Kelly at Kellyobrien@me.com or call (570) 780-7830